Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

always a little bit anxious but not like i am now.

User Profile
Hi, I am a 31 year old male who is having some extreme issues that everyone is saying are "panic attacks". Starting from the beginning i was always a little bit anxious but not like i am now. About 3 months ago i quit drinking alcohol and cigarettes. I was not an everyday drinking alcoholic, but a very heavy heavy weekend binge drinker. Usually leaving me hung over 3-5 days after.

Ever since i stopped all the bad stuff i have never felt worse mentally/physically. I even changed my diet to a mostly healthy intake.

So in the past month went to the emergency room three times saying i was having a heart attack. Dizziness, vertigo, confusion, fatigue, chest pain, sensitivity to light, numbness/tingling in arms/hands/body, scared of death etc... They did blood work, cat-scan and an EKG every time and everything was normal except one time ekg was tacardyia or rapid heart rate cause i was so "amped up" the doctor said.

Liver enzymes slightly elevated, LDL 190 HDL 34 "low". Any ideas? HELP!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2017
Panic Attacks Answer A61635
Since all of your tests are normal, it is more likely that your symptoms are psychological and not due to any major medical illness.

You would be helped by seeking proper counselling from a psychiatrist who can help you manage your anxiety and stress, which would help your symptoms.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Panic Attacks , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.