Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Alternatives for treatment of depression

User Profile
hi.. i think im deprssed and have been for a long time now i jst read u symptoms and started crying because i related so muc to them... i to shy to go the doctors cuz i no there just goin to put me on tablets and thats the last thing i want is there any other opptions
thankyou

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2010
Depression Answer A13978
Thanks for using this forum....

Well if you want to get out of the depression ther are other ways to be tried..drugs are the last resort...you can join some hobby or anything which keeps you busy,engage in a rigorous work schedule so that you donot have time for negative thoughts...take occassional breaks and give your body rewards and you will never feel depressed ever...

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.