Medical Questions > Cancer > Pancreatic Cancer Forum

alternative treatment for pancreatic cancer

Can ANYONE tell me about any alternative treatments in New York for pancreatic cancer which spread to the liver? My dad is not a candidate for surgery and everything I read on the internet says chemo and radiation won't work. Please if anyone can give me any info, I cannot lose my dad. I need some hope right now so I have a reason to get up out of bed in the morning. I have to help my dad find a way to fight this horrible monster inside of him. We are interested in any alternative treatment or natural remedy that anyone has heard of. I found a center in the Bahamas and was wondering if New York offers anything. Desperately waiting for your reply. Thank you all and God Bless you all for caring to write back.
Joanne
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi, DonJo!
It's always hard to accept that treating an advanced cancer is difficult and unfavorable.
Your father has stage 4 of pancreatic cancer that has spread to distant organ, liver.
Pancreatic cancer can be controlled only if it is found before it has spread, when it can be removed by surgery. If the cancer has spread, palliative treatment can improve the patient's quality of life by controlling the symptoms and complications of this disease.

Treatment of stage IV pancreatic cancer may include chemotherapy, palliative treatments for pain, palliative surgery or stent placement to bypass blocked areas in ducts or the small intestine and biologic therapy, using the patient’s immune system to fight cancer.
You can, also, get informations about some treatment clinical trial.

I think you'll find this link helpful:
http://www.healthyfoundations.com/pancreat ic/

Well wishes to you and your family!
Marija
|

replied June 17th, 2011
Within the early stages of pancreatic cancer, there are often no symptoms. Symptoms often appear as the disease progresses, which may include jaundice, weight loss, abdominal pain, and back pain.
|

replied May 20th, 2008
Pancreatin cancer
You might look up Essiac Tea. I've seen it help lots of people. I've heard it raises the t-cell count. Possible alternative,I heard sugar feeds cancers. look Up super antioxidants.Noni Goji Mangoteen.
|

replied June 13th, 2008
Pancreatin Cancer
Also stay away from sugar, The research I've read siad, sugar feeds cancers. Eat as raw and juice as much as you can. Limit red meats espeacially.
|

replied October 14th, 2008
pancreatic cancer
My dad passed away on september 14, 2008 from pancreatic cancer. His symptoms started early April when he started getting diarrea 4 to 5 times a day. After several tests: endoscopy, colonscopy, ultrasound, mri and pet scan, he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. His cancer spread within months to the liver, duodenum and lungs. In early september he was admitted to hospital for a stent change, from a plastic stent to a metal one that took away the jaundice. After one week in hospital he was able to go home for the weekend and return on the Monday. The very next day my dad was rushed to the hospital because he had suffered a stroke. He was readmitted into the hospital nad things just go worse. He refused to eat or accept any medication orally. His pain was so strong that he received a morphine patch to ease the pain (37.50 mg). Afew days later the morphine patch was increased to 50 mg. On the morning of September 14, 2008 he was in no pain due to the medication and at approximately 9:10 am he took off his oxygen mask gave my mom a I a stare and he left us.
It is a month now that my dad is gone and I miss him terribly. My advise to anyone with a sick parent where you know there is no hope, make sure to tell that person how much you love them and stay close. As hard as it was for me I will cherish forever the moment when my dad left, my mom and I were holding his hand!!!!

I hope the best for people with a love one that is very sick. Tell them and show them your love and always have faith in God.

Vince
|

replied March 18th, 2009
diagnosing early
My mother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I am so angry. She had a CA 19-9 blood test run late last year. Normal range for this test is below 100. Her first test was 2546. Five doctors said "nothing to worry about. We took out your gallbladder, you probably just have pancreatic cancer". WRONG. I went to the website of the company that makes this test. The chances of a benign result with those number is less than .1%. I found this out with 20 minutes of research on the internet in December. It took 2 MRI's, 2 CT scans, 2 EUS's, 1 more CA 19-9 test, a biopsy and 2 more months for a doctor to figure out that she had cancer. This test CAN give a false negative. But if the numbers are high, a false positive isn't likely. Pancreatitis will only elevate these numbers slightly. If they had run this test April of 2008 when she first started having symptoms, she would have a higher chance of survival. If they had known what the results MEANT, she would have had a jump on chemo and radiation to improve her survival odds. She finally went to UAB. They looked at a CT scan that was run before her gallbladder was ever taken out. His exact words..."I've seen all I need to, you have pancreatic cancer" This test cost less than $125 dollars. Insurance doesn't like to pay for it because it is "speculative". Pay for it yourself if you have symptoms such as loose floating stools, back pain, yellowing of the skin, abdominal pain, excessive flatulance and extreme fatigue. It may give you a fighting chance. My mom just started chemo. It will be followed by radiation. She is Stage 3 because her main artery is already choked with cancer. Even with chemo and radiation, they have told her she will only live 6-12 months. There is a 20% chance it will shrink enough to attempt resection. But, she is weak and in pain. She just wants it all to stop. She is too weak to fight now.
I have one more observation. Isn't a X-ray to look for pneumonia "speculative"? Isn't any diagnostic test "speculative"?
|

replied May 27th, 2009
Oasis of Hope Hospital - Cured
I was also diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in August of 08. They rushed me into surgery to do the whipple procedure and remove the golf ball size tumor in the head of my pancreas. They could not. They closed me up and left the tumor.
I decided upon the recommendation of a friend who is an RN Nurse in Calif. and after researching on the net, to go to the Oasis of Hope Hospital in Mexico. I arrived there in Nov. of 08 for 18 days of treatment which was all natural. I had 63 I's in that time. With each one I felt better. I also took 48 pills a day and they only prepared Organic Food. It was great. At the end of the 18 days, I went home for 6 weeks and continued my treatment of pills at home. I also took a B-17 shot 3 times a week. (not available in the United States) Then I went back for 6 more days of treatment and test. At that time they did a CT scan and Blood workup on me. The CT scan showed no tumor.
After being home in So. Florida for 3 months I went to my oncologist for more tests. They did blood workup; they ran an MRI, CT scan and PET scan. They have 3 different radiologists read the test. None found a tumor. They want me back in 6 months for more blood work.
The whole story is much longer than this but I feel like I need to share what happened to me. I'm a 66 year old male. If anyone would like to speak to me in person, please write me.
|

replied October 13th, 2012
More information on Oasis of Hope
Hi Am glad everything turned out well for you. My mother has also been detected with the Metastasized Pancreatic cancer , the doctors say no surgery is possible and chemo is the only option We donot want to undergo chemo as it will dd only few months, therefore am interested in knowing more about alternative medicine and hence the hospital Oasis of Hope. I would really like to have a word with you before planning on my treatment. Please share your details.

Thanks a lot
|

replied June 24th, 2009
Hi, this is in response to FandJ (Oasis of Hope Hospital). Unfortunately, my fiancee's grandfather was diagnosed with pancreatic/liver cancer Stage IV. He was well and healthy up until now when suddendly he was diagnosed with this horrible disease, that was not caught on time. They have basically told him and the family there is not much they can do and surgery is not recommended, he will be receiving chemotherapy and is attending a nutritionist but there is not much time left for him according to the doctors. Upon reading your response, I found it very interesting that you were able to get cured outside of the US, I am very happy that you were able to survive such a disease. Please let us know if there is hope for my fiancee's grandfather, we are all very devastated and are in hope of a natural cure or treatment that will atleast help him live happily for many more years. He is about 70 years old and was always a very strong and healthy man. We would be interested in finding out more about the Oasis of Hope Hospital in Mexico.

Thank you!
Vanessa J.
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2010
Try bioresonance treatment for pancreatic cancer,thank you .
|

replied May 17th, 2010
FandJ...
What a remarkable story... A 52 year old familiy member was just diagnosed with pancreatic and liver cancer and is about to start chemo...we are desperate for an alternative.
Please let me know how can I get in contact with you to get some more information on the when,where and how you received your treatment...
Thank you!!!
|

replied March 5th, 2011
Donnie Yance Treatment center
Yance, genius herbalist and Treasure are better equipted to help people with pancreatic cancer than any oncologist. Go to
Don't buy into snake oil folks, and don't trust the "white coats" either. When being offered palliative treatment only seek holistic care. If the cancer doesn't kill you the chemo will! Read everything you can on Yance's approach. Get the book, Herbal Medicine, Healing & Cancer. He's in Ashland OR. If you can't make the trip they do phone consultations after recieving all your medical records. Treasure was trained as a doctor. They offer help for those choosing integrative therapy or if you choose not to work with the "white coats".
|

replied January 1st, 2012
Pancreatic Cancer Alternative
Please check out Curcumin. 1100mg a day - it is a blood thinner and you can't take it if you have an obstruction. They are now doing trials at Sloan using Curcumin with chemo. They already do this at MD Anderson. Google Curcumin, pancreatic cancer. My husband is in month 21 post PC diagnosis, they gave him three months to live. I immediately started him on Curcumin(without telling the doctors - don't do that) , Milk Thistle, 20,000mg of vitamin D3, 6,000mg of Vitamin C throughout the day, green tea at night. NO SUGAR - by no sugar I mean no junk - fructose, garbage sugars. Use Whey in malted to increase weight. Organic blackberries are one of the best foods you can eat. My husband was diagnosed in 5/10, had two months of chemo, the whipple and then 7 months of chemo. Last chemo was in march 2011 and he is still no evidence of disease. He has also gained back 25 pounds after his whipple and two weeks ago went rollarskating with our five year old grandson. Its been a tough road. My philosophy to the doctors was, if you have a 95 percent failure rate how can you expect an intelligent person to put 100percent of their faith in your protocol?
|

replied March 27th, 2012
Please help me!!
That sounds great!! I am up for any options at this point.... Jeff, my man, has been recently diagnosed with stage IV metastatic pancreatic cancer. It is in his liver and lymph nodes. He started chemo a month ago, and gets deathly sick from the booster shot they give him to increase his white count. They only give him a few months...so I'm looking for anything to help. His doctor doesn't want him taking any other supplements during this phase, but I'm just not sure what is the right thing to do
|

replied March 27th, 2012
Please help me!!
That sounds great!! I am up for any options at this point.... Jeff, my man, has been recently diagnosed with stage IV metastatic pancreatic cancer. It is in his liver and lymph nodes. He started chemo a month ago, and gets deathly sick from the booster shot they give him to increase his white count. They only give him a few months...so I'm looking for anything to help. His doctor doesn't want him taking any other supplements during this phase, but I'm just not sure what is the right thing to do
|

replied March 27th, 2012
Please help me!!
|

replied February 17th, 2013
Was it a adenocarcinoma? My dear mother was just diagnosed...Please email me back...thanks
|

replied May 22nd, 2012
Just wanted to add, that I have heard many exceedingly positive reviews about Virotherapy with Rigvir. It is a natural virus that is capable of finding and destroying cancerous cells in the body, while leaving the healthy tissue unharmed. They state that by now it has shown the greatest results for pancreatic and melanoma patients as it significantly decreases the side-effects of chemo, can be combined with any other treatment and, most importantly, increases the anti-tumor effect.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

User Profile
replied October 7th, 2013
Experienced User
I believe your doctor has told you that pancreatic cancer is a highly malignant tumor, once the transfer of most of the people live in the 3-6 month period, regardless of what kind of treatment, are only a few people have the effect and the duration of effect varies. As a practitioner of chemotherapy for patients with this relatively weak, I recommend several options: a) your family's economic condition is very good: we recommend that you use gemcitabine plus Tarceva (erlotinib, is at their own expense, in January at a cost of 10,007 or so, eat till progression). 2) family's economic conditions in general, patients have a strong treatment wishes: gemcitabine monotherapy or in combination with fluoropyrimidine, infirm recommend a single drug, the effect is only slightly weaker than the union, but side effects much smaller, and even some people there is no early adverse drug reaction. 3) poor economic conditions at home, or the patient can not face the disease: symptomatic treatment can be recommended.
|

replied October 18th, 2013
suffering from pancreatic cancer
hi my name is chidambara my mom suffering from pancreatic cancer in 4th stage now doctors said only 2 r 3 months she will live any further options to give a treatment
|
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....