User Profile
I have been getting tension headaches that start at the ears and go behind the eyes. I feel as if my brain is swelling. I do alot of computer work but haven't been able to read or do any crafting work for long periods of time. I always have a stiff neck. I can't take aspirin as it bothers my GI track several hours later. Naproxin, valium and Tylenol provides no relief. The headaches come and go but sometimes they stay for days. Usually not more than a couple of days go by without one. I've been trying to stretch more but my body is very achy. Ive had some blood, hormone and thyroid tests done and they are normal. Female annuals are also normal. Should I see a chiropractor? Is there any pain meds that my doctor could prescribe for this type of condition? (He probably thinks Im a hypochondriac! giggle giggle )
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 21st, 2009
Migraine Treatment
Try an older tricyclic antidepressant like nortriptyline. Start with a low dose. You're welcome.
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2009
Alternates
What about Effexor XR or Zoloft?
|

replied July 29th, 2009
Heal your Headache
The older tricylics are generally better for migraines. You may get some results with Effexor. Read the book "Heal Your Headache the 1-2-3 program" by Dr. David Buchholz. Good Luck.
|
Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....