Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Pain Management Forum

Alternate Pain Relief for Nerve and Muscle Damage.

I was stabbed a couple of years ago, receiving severe damage to the muscles and nerves up my left side, as well as a scratched lung. I still suffer from severe pain from it (some days are better than others). I'm prescribed cocodemol for the pain which helps better on some days than others.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any alternative pain-relief that may benefit me other than pills. I am open to any suggestions.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
philleeb,

If most of your pain is in the chest region (rib cage), you may be a candidate for intercostal nerve blocks. If the blocks work with a trial of local anesthetic, it may be possible ablate the nerve. This would cause a numb area, but would also take you pain away.

You should probably be evaluated by a pain management physician, to see what all of your options would be.

Good luck.
|

replied October 24th, 2012
Have you tried Codamin and Tramadol. I hear they do miracles?
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....