General info:
28 year old male, 5'8", 125-130lb.
Smoker; 1 pack/day, daily marijuana use
Very little to no alcohol use in 4-5 years.

Synopsis of recent medical history/issues:

Early May: impacted wisdom tooth removed, lower right side (tooth 32)

End of July: superficial cervical lymph node swelling (varied size, not much larger than a kidney bean at peak), pain on first day in upper most lymph node.

Early August: given antibiotics for possible infection in tooth next to the removed wisdom tooth (tooth 31), root canal performed. Antibiotics seemed to reduce lymph node swelling, but not completely (roughly the size of a pea).

I have a host of symptoms now. My main concern are the swollen lymph nodes persisting after 6 weeks of inflammation. But heres everything I've noticed that I can remember off hand.

The top most lymph node is the smallest, a little smaller than a pea. Little movement, feels firm.

The middle lymph node doesnt feel as close to the skin as the other 2, feels like its buried under muscles/tendons. Intermittent pain, sometimes without touching it, sometimes after touching it. Also feels firm.

The lower most lymph node moves incredibly freely, I can easily move it from side to side roughly 1/4 inch.

At the base of my tongue, on the right side, it occasionally feels numb and/or I have a heightened sense of taste. Fairly certain I have an inflamed taste bud around that area, also possible inflamed salivary gland(s).

When I swallow, I occasionally feel an object at the base of my tongue, and movement of the muscles surrounding the esophagus on the right side. Occasionally, this is extreme enough to cause a "tickling" sensation in my inner ear.

Occasionally, the right side of my cheek goes numb.

In addition to all of the above, in the middle of August I pulled 2 white "stones" out of the inside of my cheek. I dont know what else to refer to them as, they were solid but also malleable. Roughly the size of a dime each. Later in the month I also felt like one or more of these stones possibly moving inside my throat on the right side, or even in the neck under the skin (I know, it sounds crazy, but that's how it felt).

I had a stuffy/runny nose for 2-3 weeks, and occasionally it feels like everything is clogged on the right side (ear, nose, and throat).

I also cough up phlegm daily. Not alot of material, but fairly frequently throughout the day. The mucus is white in color.

I've been to 3 different doctors, none seemed to find anything too serious. I do have a blood test and ultrasound scheduled for this Friday (9-20-19).

Do these symptoms point to one cause or multiple causes? Is this something I should be worried about? If any additional information is required I'll try to answer as best I can.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 18th, 2019
Oh, also, my "throat hole" (I dont know the technical term, but the very beginning of my throat) is asymmetrical. Its "smaller" on the right side. The angle of the curve is less on the right side than the left.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....