Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

almost 4 and half year later...

User Profile

Four and half year ago i had protected sex with prostitute.

so now after almost 4 and half year later i saw some swelling in my left armpit which is not painful and and cant see with naked eye , but my hand can feel .
it is not irritating also but something is there , i consult with my family doctor and he gave me some tablets.

also i have test myself by antibody trio-dot and SECOND GENERATION ELISA. Both test are non-reactive.

Doc. please i have some question

1) does such swelling in armpit only related to HIV and cancer and is this very common symtom of hiv ( please explain abt that swelling im very scared ) I dont find Any other part like Groin , Nck swelling. and dont have nay symtoms too except armpit swelling

2) Can we test after 4 and half year later through such antibody test.

Please Explain Doc. i am very scared can i consider my bothtest conclusive.

Please explain briefly...

thanks and regards

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2011
HIV and AIDS Answer A23014
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

The swelling described could be due to a enlarged lymph node associated with a bacterial infection in the skin.

It does not seem to be due to HIV.

In addition, since the HIV test is negative, after 4 years post exposure, it is a conclusive evidence that you don't have HIV.

You might consult a doctor for reassurance and advice if you still have any doubts.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.