User Profile
I have experienced a lot of nasal congestion the past few weeks. I woke up one morning with dried blood on my T-Shirt and have had to blow my nose quite often just to keep it clear. The congestion that comes out of my nose is often bloody and the right side of my nostril and nasal bone has recently been painful to touch and feels inflammed. I noticed pain in the right nostril area for over 8 days before it went away after enough time had passed.

Now, my left nostril is experiencing constant dryness and I am blowing a lot of large chunks of dry mucus out that are usually dark brown to green/yellow in mixed color. I have tried some daily Allegra pills and I take Singulair 10 mg at bedtime, but that has not done a whole lot. The congestion is making it difficult to breathe easy and sometimes I am forced to breath out my mouth since both nostrils can get completely plugged up.

The only thing that seems to help is Oxymetazoline spray because Flonase just dries nostrils too much.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2019
Allergies Answer A64773
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

An infectious cause can be contributing to the inflamed/ allergic air passages. After clinical examinations, antibiotics can be added along with decongestants and steam inhalation for proper resolution.

Please consult your doctor before taking any medication.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Allergies , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.