Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Allergies? GP who ruled out cancer and viral infection

User Profile
Hello this is my first post on this site and hopefully it won't become a habit. I'm an 18 year old male if that helps.

I have been experiencing a range of varying symptoms which seem to be somehow interlinked. In I started getting rashes all over my body, usually about 2 or 3 at any one time. These looked like insect bites, but they had no bite marks nor were there any bugs found in our house upon inspection. This persisted for a while then just as they stopped my lymph glands had become swollen in my groin. Within a week I had 3 in my neck too. I seen my GP who ruled out cancer and viral infection through blood tests and X rays

I had also been having digestive issues, at first constipation then constant loose and odd smelling stool. Although I have always had this it's been worse (sorry for that lovely information). Yesterday I began getting these rashes on my feet again and I'm completely perplexed as to what this is. I have environmental allergies but surely that wouldn’t cause the digestive issues? Also my senses are, sort of dulled and my head has felt very foggy. It's making me feel out of touch with reality and socially disabled at times. During the evening my temperature raises slightly, not so much that I sweat but it is noticeable.

I am awaiting the results of a celiac disease test. I'm sure it's something allergy related as I’ve always had allergy related symptoms- like severe flaky scalp (my barber said it was like it was snowing when he cut my hair, this has thankfully subsided). Quite severe dermatitis on my pinkie finger which was rather painful. And I’m constantly plagued by this perpetual runny nose!! Could it be anything else? I just want to find what it is as the psychological effects are making my life a misery, it's like being stuck in some sort of runny nosed limbo. Thank you for your time fellow hypochondriacs.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 22nd, 2014
Meant to say *in November* in the first sentence of the second paragraph.
|

User Profile
replied February 22nd, 2014
Oh and also my eosinophil count was high which suggests some kind of allergy, but the loose stool suggests some kind of food allergy/intolerance specifically. This combined with the lymph nodes etc makes a very hard diagnosis. Can Coelic disease cause lymph nodes?
|
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....