Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

allergic conjunctivitis or...?

Hi,
I am 24, F. Yesterday my left eye began to swell and I have a unilateral fullness sensation around the eye and heaviness on the left side of my head. I thought it was related to my allergies. But now I do not know if I have allergies either. My nose is runny (only on the left side), with really bad itching, sneezing and burning and clear discharges. I have been having these allergy-like symptoms on and off for 3 weeks. My left eye has been affected. It is red, and has watery discharges. I do not have any photophobia, itching, headache, or sore throat. What is this? I am beginning to think my brain is swelling. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 2nd, 2013
Hi Sairah, I suffer from Allergic Conjunctivitis and I have symptoms just like yours. Though it isn't too dangerous, it can be pretty irritating. I had myself checked at Advanced Eye Hospital and now my allergies don't trouble me too much.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....