Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Celiac Disease Forum

All the symptoms - please help need advise

Hi! I've been noticing something wrong for years now. I've been exhausted and getting worse. I had two children recently. One nearly three and the other just one. I've felt more exhausted after having them but after going back to docs about five time complaining of exhaustion and them telling me it is 'just being a mum' I gave up! I started to get lose bowel problems about six months ago but didn't do anything about it until last week when I saw a different gp. She sent me for numerous blood test including celiac. Since I had no idea what celiac was, I've been reading up today and was shocked to find that most of the symptoms I actually have. Total exhaustion, lose bowels, brain fog, tooth decay (lost three teeth in the last year despite good dental hygiene, tingly feet and hands, bad back and seizure in finger joints sometimes). And dermatitis herpetiformis on my hands and feet (for about the last 13 years). I have a few questions. Firstly, if the blood test comes back negative, should I persists to get it re investigated as I have so many symptoms that match I am scared of a wrong diagnosis. And how likely is it that it could come back wrong? Is it easy to detect? Secondly, if it is celiac, will all of my symptoms disappear if I follow a glutton free diet as I am suffering so much at the moment. And do my symptoms sound bad in comparison to most people or as if the disease is early onset. I'm very much in the dark about the whole thing. Thanks x
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 2nd, 2013
Oh and should also mention I lost two stone in the last six months without specifically trying.
|

replied August 6th, 2013
The blood test is very frequently not accurate, as for your symptoms, some are consistent with celiac, however I would think that you would have this diagnosis before your teeth started falling out. The only real test for celiac is a stomach biopsy.
|

replied November 22nd, 2013
Experienced User
Did you figure anything out?
|
Must Read
Is Celiac disease a food allergy? (it is not) What causes Celiac and what puts you at risk for developing it? Basic facts about Celiac Disease here....
What can trigger celiac disease? And who is at risk of developing the disorder? Click here to learn more....
A range of symptoms manifest during Celiac Disease. Learn what signs and symptoms to look for, and when to seek help....