My husband of 1 yr is in prison for assaulting me, he's getting help for his alcoholism and bipolar disorder and wants to try to make or marriage work. My family has stated that if I let him come back they are done with me. I'm torn because I love my husband and truly believe he's getting better, but I don't want to lose my family. I would appreciate some outside opinions...thanks in advance! Mel
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. I am sorry that you have been put in that position. Your family loves you too. There must be a way they could all be brought to one platform. Your husbands doctor can confirm his improvement and sobriety. if his track record is good after assault, then he can be given another chance but dont lose your family in the process.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Addiction, Recovery , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.