Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

alcoholic attempting to recover

I am an alcoholic or just came to terms that I am one. What is the next step? I need to know because I have a daughter and she deserves better.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 27th, 2017
Friend, as a family man, you should control your drinking. it affects other members in your family, mainly your children. So, first, you have to make up your mind that you will resist drinking. You can take of a doctor. I have heard once that medical marijuana can help people to get rid of addiction.
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2017
You have won half the battle, check into a Alcoholic Anonymous rehab and get yourself detoxified so you don't have withdrawals. and attend AA meetings everyday one day at a time, and you will transform yourself into a better human. don't do all this for your daughter but for yourself, your daughter will enjoy the fruits.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....