My son is an alcholic and thinks drinking 12 beers before bed helps hims sleep. He also overeats late at night. In the morning he has not slept all night and takes a sleeping pill. What has to be done.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied July 29th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
hi, I can't help but notice the great response.
your son is an alcoholic so what needs to be done is some sort of RE-HAB and that does not mean $8,000.00 in a 40 day dry out period.
So what can u do;
try this; add B-100 to his daily regiment as it will help keep his liver from failing,

get him to drink 16 ounces of water in the morning and before he drinks at night

buy him some Melatonin found at a health or vitamin store and give him 2x 3 mg pills

See if a Dr will get u the med or chemical that makes a person sick if they drink alcohol and just don't tell him (this is tricky so don't go all the way)

hope u get started or just don't worry
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 12th, 2011
Not all places are the expensive and some will work with you on your income or you can make a payment plan.

As I have learned withdrawing from alcohol is one of the ones that can kill you. Go to detox in the hosptial at least and after that it is up to you or I should say him if he wants to go to a treatment center because it will only work if he really wants it
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
He has suffering from alcohol abuse.
He would need treatment in a rehabilitation centre.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Addiction, Recovery , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.