Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
Okay so I don't remember if I've had this before, but I have a weird air bubble feeling around my belly button. It doesn't hurt. I skip breakfast and won't eat til almost nighttime at times. Sometimes I feel like the bubbles pop somewhere else but it's not painful like I said. I am 19 female and yes sexually active. My period is due in 6 days if that helps also.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2012
Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Answer A30194

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

The symptoms that you are having can be due to gastritis or gastroesophageal reflux disease. This can be due to long gaps between meals.

First of all you should avoid eating any junk food or oily, spicy food. Take a healthy, balanced and nutritious diet consisting more of fruits, soups and less spicy foods. Also increase the protein content in your diet instead of carbohydrates and fats.An advice from a dietician will be helpful. Also you should start with moderate exercises on a daily basis. Start with walking and then you can shift to jogging and cardios.

If the symptoms persist then he needs to take antacids and other medications for GERD and get an endoscopy done. I would suggest a gastroenterologist’s evaluation in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations, and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.