Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

AIDS transmission from mother to fetus ?

User Profile
I am a new member and I have the honor to join you
I have Ostvsaren
1 - What the proportion of AIDS transmission from mother to fetus or breast in the case that the mother did not take drugs and natural birth and when the baby shows symptoms of
2 - sex has been almost 8 years without protection and then stopped and was married for more than 6 years and gave birth to 3 children ages (5, 4, 2) and since then, and I'm afraid and I have a terrible day and goes to AIDS patients and I am saying to my children and my family and a terrible fear of fear is hardly Evargueni and do not wish to check the severity of the fear and I am very married and now have children of my wife and I and all my children's health and well-being of the fullest and do not Nckoa nothing but some times I just hit the oral herpes note of the oral herpes to me since my childhood and remain nearly a week and go and I think that it has become more frequently, but recovers quickly and I read it because I may come in the cases of Ofedoni

I am very afraid

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2009
HIV and AIDS Answer A5952

The transmission rate in HIV positive pregnant women to the baby during childbirth is 2500 in 10000 cases. It would mean that one out of four babies will be HIV positive if the mother was HIV positive during pregnancy.
The more frequent Herpes might be a sign of decreased strength of the immune system. However, it is not enough for HIV infection to be confirmed. You might want to have HIV test to rule out HIV infection.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.