Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

"aggravated" my ankle that is healing from ORIF

User Profile
I seem to have "aggravated" my ankle that is healing from ORIF done on 05/07/14. I have Lortab for pain which i am going to take but I just wanted to know if there is anything else I could try for the pain and discomfort. I will be doing hot/cold therapy later tonight.
Thank you

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 24th, 2014
Pain Management Answer A49376
Thank you for asking

Open reduction internal fixation done more than two months ago need pain medications you already are on. You should get undergo rehabilitation to regain strength of the ankle joint.

Orthotics and proper shoe gear may help prevent future injury. Keep the ankle elevated and rest for a while. Healthy and proteinaceous diet is advised for prompt recovery.

Seek an orthopaedist for further management,

Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Orthopedics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.