Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Afterlife or paranormal evidence ?

Husband's Death is there an afterlife or paranormal evidence
Since my husband (married 8 July 2009) discharged himself from hospital to be home (in hindsight knowingly) to enjoy a few days before leaving this earth on 9 July 2009 due to liver and then progressive kidney failure which came about in the last 2 weeks while being assessed for a transplant I have read 24 books on death, dying, afterlife, etc, and numerous forums (this is the first time I have posted) looking for some relief and answers, but not a single day has gone by without crying and the most overwhelming and gut-wrenching is a flash of his face and the reality this is not a horrific dream and then immediately thinking (possibly in denial) this must be a mistake it could not have happened to us, after all we were soul-mates with unconditional love for 17 years and destined to be together forever and should die together - so I have been searching for closure and piece of mind that I will be with him again by researching all the books and websites on the paranormal and after life soul/spirit reuniting and was just wondering if anyone has experienced anything with the loss of their partner, I so want to believe and consider myself an open-minded skeptic because I have not had any experiences which I have read about from others ......not even a dream!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 29th, 2009
Experienced User
I know there is nothing anyone can say to alleviate your pain, but I am truly sorry for your loss.

Death is a necessary part of the plan. If it were not, we would not pass on. To answer your question, yes there is an afterlife. That is not just my belief, but a provable scientific fact.

We humans (in fact everything we see and cannot see) are energy in its most perfect form. Science tells us that energy cannot be created or destroyed, but only change forms. All that has happened is his spirit has returned into source energy, so now he is everywhere, inside you right now.

What your going through is perfectly natural, and I honor you for sorrow.

Again, I feel for your loss and wish you only the best.
|
Users who thank Elevation for this post: shy2009 

User Profile
If there were only evidence to support the claims. The fact is that there is no empirical evidence to support the mythology of the afterlife nor the alleged supernatural. There is no scientific basis much less a fact.

I was once asked if I'd like to see my father again who died almost sixteen years ago, too young. "Yes, I would.", I began, "However, no amount of belief will make it true."

The loss of a loved one is difficult. I carry my father's memory with me. I also carry a former girlfriend's who died a tragic death about five years ago. We were to be married.

It's okay to cry. Dad walked into a hospital on a Thanksgiving day and died on New Years. There isn't a holiday season that goes by that I don't remember the hospital decorated, the holiday music playing, and his final words before he would slip into a coma. Eventually, I do begin to celebrate with the other family members and remember what a character he was during that time.

At some point, and it will be in your own time when you are ready, the acceptance will come. Just carry your husband's thoughts as I do my two dearest departed ones.

Here's an example: I used to ask my father for advice. He never told me what I wanted to hear, rather what I needed to hear and in the end let me know it was my choice.

Well, today I'm still unemployed and looking at losing my house and my car. I sometimes ask him (though I know he can't hear me) "Dad, what would you do?" Then I would remember the man he was and imagine what his advice might be. It keeps him alive within me.

Oh, one last thing. Talk about your husband to your friends, loved ones, even here. Grieving is part of the healing process. Remember that your husband would have wanted you to be happy. Honor his wish. Take up a new hobby, learn something new, make new friends, see a silly movie on a late-late-late show on TV with popcorn... you'll be surprised at what that last one will do for you. Smile

Take care of yourself,

Dorian
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
shy2009,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

You said that you have read several books looking for answers. Have you read the Holy Bible?

Zig
|

replied October 30th, 2009
Experienced User
Dorian, first let me say to you as well that I am sorry for your loss.

All of science points to this fact, this life is not the end, probably not even the beginning, but certainly not the end.

E=mc² for instance is more than enough proof, when its understood in its entirety. Energy equals mass, and mass equals energy. I will repeat, energy cannot be created, or destroyed, it can only change in form. This is actually very basic. The earth is not flat my friend.

Moreover, every atom has purpose, long before the it comes together with other like atoms and creates the molecule; a molecule is the smallest form of mass. How can atoms come together with purpose to form specific molecules without such purpose? Intelligence is the only answer. Otherwise the universe would be in utter chaos. It is not, it is a cosmos, which operates in total perfection and in exact relation with everything. This is not a mistake. Proof rather you understand it or not.
|

replied October 30th, 2009
Thank you for the replies, ehealthforum have moved my post to General Q&A so I guess they have diagnosed me as not being depressed - in any event I am still hoping and searching for reassurance that I will one day be with my soul-mate on the same level, so I have been reading a website and subscribe to the weekly newsletter for inspiration and wishful thinking (I like to think of it as further educating myself with scientific awareness of the unknown unlike the outdated man-made Holy Bible and other destructive religions with their Gods and propaganda followers)
|

replied October 31st, 2009
Experienced User
shy2009, the site you refer to in your post is based off of scientific truth such as the Laws of Cause and Effect, Attraction, etc. That said, Dr. Zammit seems to have a fondness of attacking Christianity, and other religious philosophies as well. This is counter productive and contradicts the research provided by the same scientists who first described some of these great laws in terms modern man could understand. So based on that fact alone, I would probably go with another source, such as "The Master-Key" by Charles Haanel, or even "The Secret" which is a modern work and is available on DVD in a condensed version.

I am not a 'religious' person myself, but as indicated in my earlier post, I cannot deny there is a source of infinite intelligence from which all things originate. Organized religion however does not really seem to be about God in my humble opinion, but more about power. And man has had some 30,000 Gods he has created throughout history, all of which are responsible for great suffering. However, we should not confuse the teachings of the Bible, the Quran, or any other lasting record, with 'religion' simply because various organizations have used them to cause destruction. There is great truth in each; that might I add is verifiable scientifically. I understand many refuse to understand this point, however that in no way discredits it. Most of them likely do not understand the Law of Vibration either, yet that does not mean it does not exist.

Let me give you a perfect example. Genesis 1:3 'And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light'. Now many today pass this off as superstitious or mythology, yet that is their own failure to recognize the mathematical truth in the statement, and does not serve to discredit it. Einstein's E=mc² proves the statement is at the least, much greater than any superstition. I'll explain. God's thought, "let there be light", is energy; just as your thoughts are. "and there was light", is mass, just as the world is. Energy is mass, mass is energy, just in different form. Scientific evidence I referred to earlier, except this time, it is also evidence the writers of Genesis had more information than one would think those in their 'place in history' could possibly possess. Where did they obtain this knowledge?

The Buddha said "All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else." This statement represents scientific truth in more than one way. He also said "All that we are is the result of what we have thought" and "The mind is everything. What you think you become." Again, he understood these truths long before 'science' could have informed him of such. Of course, Buddhism is really a philosophy, but for many it is their religious understanding, and like Christianity or any other view, should not be attacked.

As you have inspired me, if I may, I'd like to add more! The master of all philosophy said, "seek ye first the kingdom of heaven, and all of its righteousness, and then these things will be added unto you". This actually falls perfectly in line with the formula E=mc² as well, but includes the great Laws of Attraction and Cause and Effect, when of course you consider Jesus also told us "the kingdom of heaven is within you" (energy). The Law of Attraction states that like attracts like, on a level of thought as indicated by E=mc². So its basically saying, come to a place where you have control over your emotions, and live in joy, do right, then "these things will be added onto you", or in other words, your outside world will come to reflect your 'inner' world. The process by which this is achieved is explained by Jesus in another of his great statements, "whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours". Another point to think about, notice Jesus said, "whatever", not putting any limitations on your request or ability to produce it. He does insist you to believe, which means to have faith. When we believe something, it is backed by emotion, which generates energy and calls upon the Law. This too indicates Jesus possessed great understanding of these great Laws. Again I ask, how did he obtain this great knowledge?

Lets step aside from philosophers for a moment and look at the Laws of Cause and Effect and Attraction. They are in harmony with one another, as the world within is the cause, and the world without is the effect, a statement that represents both. To hurry to my point, think about Nikola Tesla. If you are unfamiliar with this great inventor, let me first say we still use many of his inventions everyday. The manner at which he created his inventions is not much less then miraculous. Before he ever ran a wire, made a mechanism, or even poured a mold, he constructed his object of desire in his mind, not even drawing it on paper, but solely as thought alone. And in thirty plus years and dozens of great inventions, the machine of his creation worked perfectly without failure upon first construction. Think about that for a moment.

Sorry if I have been so "long winded"! For many, the mention of afterlife, God, Law, etc, seems to inspire negative associations that serve no one, so I have grown accustomed to providing facts along the way. Hope this helps!
|

replied November 1st, 2009
First: I'm sorry and I wish you long life
Must first know what Second Life means to us
Display is the life of the account and is the house where the eternal standing before God the Creator. Sure there is life and if I went back to the Scriptures, and I recommend to read the explanation of Quran is more heavenly books that explains this subject. There is life in the grave and is life which honors the Lord barzakh lasts a person, including its work before the day of reckoning if the action of those who favor it will be, God willing, the people of Paradise. There are people of Hell and they are bad people and all of the legitimacy of the Lord Almighty Kafr. I hope that the convergence of your husband in heaven, I hope that you read the book the Koran translation. In the religion of Islam says when a man dies, his wife, who married in the world in which his wife in the house II. Paradise is the home of immortality does not enter and is the only good thing about the wonders they contain. i hope if you recommend any thing i will be happy to answer it >>>... hope good for you
|

replied November 2nd, 2009
Dear Evaluation & blackwater_4000

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and somewhat enlightening replies, but my obsession (if I can call it that) in not so much about the afterlife per se or any religious denomination but from the fact I want to join my soul-mate and would in a heart beat if I knew it were true that I would be with him again for eternity, the gut-wrenching grief and emotional pain I am going through since 9th July has not subsided but only amplified – so thank you but I am not seeking a long life without him!

As for “whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours” I have never asked for anything before but wanting to believe I asked and prayed with all my being to God / Jesus the almighty that I have one last chance for my soul-mate to be saved from liver failure but instead after being transferred to a major city hospital his health rapidly declined adding renal kidney failure so pardon if I seem a non-believer in any faith and all its writings / scriptures, etc.

Case scenario in Australia there is a notorious vulgar and vile looking pedophile who is currently getting a lot of publicity he has been kicked out of one state and is currently being kicked out of another but to everyone’s dismay he sent in publicity photos of himself with thumbs up while sitting on a popular beach called Bondi in Sydney with young children playing in the background, I ask why didn’t Jesus / God take his life instead? The Reverend who married us and then performed the Cremation service 2 days later, gave me a Holy Bible and a few weeks later while visiting me said in answer to all my never-ending questions and why; that God works in mysterious ways…..so is there no justice system in heaven or differentiate between good and bad or does God see everyone as his children?

And then I think if reincarnation exists perhaps I have been placed on this earth to pay back karma from a previous life (perhaps I was a cold and materialistic person with no feelings for others in grief or emotional pain), since prior to this I had no feelings or thoughts on death or emotional pain on such scale and what people must go through.

Now that I am going through this torment I have seen how other people are so kind and compassionate to me and feel inner gratefulness yet numb and somewhat detached needless to say I have no interest or desire for anything else except to join my partner in life and death, in the meantime I would like to know if he is happy and after the physical body dies will we be together again. I was watching Wuthering Heights last night and that made me begin to think, so I think I’ll get Ghost and get another perspective, I’ve already seen the Sixth Sense and look forward to 2012 out in December, having read everything from Elisabeth Kuber-Ross to James Van Praagh I am currently reading Life After Death by Deepak Chopra and will get The Master Key System as suggested by Elevation and then I don’t know since answering a questionnaire in Chopra’s book I don’t fall in the spectrum of religious beliefs (i.e. Believer, Skeptic or Agnostic/noncommittal) upon further reading based on my score I found myself placed in a category of open-minded with no expectations… which I guess is true but I do have hope and want to believe when I can see it for myself!
|

replied November 2nd, 2009
Experienced User
Shy, just from reading these few posts, I have developed an immense amount of respect for you. From this I believe I have a good idea of what your loved one is thinking. That is, how truly lucky and grateful he is to have lived by your side. I know he is happy where he is because goodness is all that exists on that plane.

I too, have made such a request, as most do as well, and wanted nothing more sincerely. Just as your own prayer, mine was also not delivered the way I wished. On some level I used to believe it could have been somewhat my fault for having doubt. I know that is not the case, even though I can honestly say I did doubt, its hard not to when the doctors are saying 2 or 3 months.

I had some peace when I decided to believe that we all must continue on a path of growth and contribution, and it was there that she needed release, as she had given so much here that moving on was the last gift to possibly give. And in passing, received a much greater gift for herself. Accepting that all of us will pass through the mighty gate of death, one way or another, also helped me a little. Of course it took a visit from Dr. Time to really heal the wound.

I believe there is a 'justice' system in Heaven, but here we have a free will, so bad people tend to affect the lives of those undeserving of the evil they perpetrate.

I do know for fact there are no mistakes in this universe, hence it is a cosmos and not in chaos. By this I do not intend to suggest to you what to believe, but only what I understand as facts based in scientific truth.

Your prayers may have been answered in a way that has not yet revealed itself. The only thing I would ask of you is these three things: Continue in your life showing this great man how much you love him. And ask yourself what he wants for you and honor him in that way. Last, never give up your search for truth.

A great movie that has touched me deeply is "P.S. I Love You".
|
Users who thank Elevation for this post: shy2009 

replied November 23rd, 2009
Is death end of a life chapter?
Hi Shy.

You have expressed your feelings very touchingly. I have lost my wife after 30 years of marriage just only about 3 montsh before. She was suffering from cancer and all medical treatements failed. It was known that she is heading for her last day of life but I did not know which day wil it be. Despoite all those known facts and mental preparation my menatl life is in a hell now.

I do believe in certain religion and certin beliefs regarding death and after life. That gives me peace of mind. But the real truth that none has so far returned from after life to tell that if he/she existed after life in any form or reborn. Physically we know that the earthly body (with whom we are familair and remeber the image) decomposes or burnt into ashes. So if it is the end of or closing of life chapter then nothing much left but to carry on with good memories of the depart till my own life chapter is closed.

But if it is not the case and the truth is in preching of prophets for ages then there is something more to think about it. Miraculasly all the prophets have preacehed almost similar sayings after death that there will be a ressurcetion day and all will be accounted for their deeds on this earth. Irrespective scripture holding religions others, even many tribes without any form of religion belieef that there is somthing called soul. Souls combine with body to for our earthly living, death causes a separation, we know where the body is but so far science has not found yet where the soul of a dead person is.

Not considereing any religion or beliefs, I spent a lots of time to correlate between body and soul. How can I communicate with my wife's soul? Will there be some day when scientists will be able to follow up a departing soul from body?

Until then I believe in what my religion says.

Wish you have piece of mind and understand the hard reality that death is an occurrenec of the material world but not for spiritual world.
|

User Profile
replied November 24th, 2009
Experienced User
everyone i just read a great book by mark cahill called one heartbeat away your journey into eternity you have to read this its amazing i dident even want to finish it it was so good.
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....