Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

after two yrs lump has become swollen and painful

User Profile
Hi there. I am a 25 year old white female. About 2 years ago i found a small pea-sized lump in my right breast as well as under my right arm (armpit). i heard that the armpit lump could be from deodrant/roll on etc, so i just left it and didnt get these lumps checked out as they wernt painful and didnt really bother me.
literally 3 days ago (after having these for over 2 years, they never grew or got painful, but they did remain there), i woke up with the lump under my armpit swollen, and felt alot bigger all of a sudden. it is very painful/almost what a bruise feels like, and its quite big, no longer a pea sized lump. it also has a strange smell even if i put deodrant on, i can still smell this foul smell. The lump in my breast is also still there. My gran has had ovarian cancer, i hear that could be a redflag according to woman's health. Could you assist here? Do you think it could be a good chance of breast cancer? Help would be much appreciated.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2014
Breast Cancer Answer A49712
Thank you for asking

Lumps in breast and axilla should have been evaluated at the earliest possible convenience. Odds fo malignancy can not be ruled out. It needs a complete clinical correlation and biopsy of the lump and then manage according to that.

Age of 25 is a bit young for malignancy but possible. Deodorant induced lumps in armpits may be other possibilities like hidradenitis suppurative or some benign lump like lipoma etc.

Any way i want you to visit a surgeon as soon as possible and let them be the judge of those lumps.

Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breast Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.