Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

After two weeks i developed all the symtopms...

User Profile
Dear Doctor,

I had protected oral sex with csw in first week of Jan'12. Not sure of the status of the csw. I took 2-3 drops of breast milk inside my mouth and then spitted it out. I think i had minor sore throat at that point of time. After two weeks i developed all the symtopms, fever, siore throat, diaareha, rash skin, itching, night sweats, pain in abdomain and groin area, cut in the groain area etc. This has made my life hell. I am still having persistent itiching and rashes. Unfortunately i had contact with my wife post that encounter and also she was having fever and also getting all the above symtopms slowly. My 8 weeks antibody test was negative. I am also very much gulity that i may have infected my wife.

Pls. doctor help me and advise me. Its the most disastrous time for me. Completely broken.

Regards

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2012
HIV and AIDS Answer A32286
Hello and welcome to e health forum. ‎

HIV is not transmitted via 2-3 drops of breast milk. Hence there is no risk of HIV infection at all. Hence there was no ‎need for testing in the first place. ‎

All your symptoms are due to stress and anxiety, associated with your guilt. ‎

This has confirmed by the negative HIV ELISA test, done at 8 weeks post exposure. Hence you should get over your ‎guilt and get on with your life. ‎

Since you are not infected, with HIV, there is no risk of infecting your wife. But I would suggest you that you learn from this episode and be committed in your marriage.

The symptoms described appear to be due to bacterial infections (staphylococcus or streptococcal). You should consult with your doctor for counselling and also prescription of proper antibiotics which will help in complete resolution.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.