User Profile
so i have a new question. i am still sexually active. and some times after sex i can not control my bladder. just resently i had sex last night. and even into the next night as was peeing my pants. it does not happen all the time, but when it does there is no warning. i all of a sudden have to go pee and cant hold it.. i have often peed my pants. its not alot.. just a little. what can i do to fix it? do i need to see a docter?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2011
Sexual Health - Women Answer A21885
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. I feel you’re suffering from stress incontinence and a cause for the same needs to be searched.

It can be due to weakened pelvic muscles that support the bladder and urethra or because of a malfunction of the urethral sphincter.

A cystoscopy can always be done to look for any local causes for the same. An infection in the prostate in males could be a culprit in the same.

Hence, a rectal examination can also help in picking up the chronic prostatitis which can give rise to the symptoms which you’ve mentioned.

Please consult a uroloist for the same.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.