Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Miscarriage and Stillbirth Forum

After period, my stomach feels very light, empty?

User Profile
Hi,

My periods were 2 days late and very light as compared to my normal period. It started with bright pink spotting and continued for 2 days. I was having nausea for 8-10 days and heavyness in stomach. After periods, my stomach feels very light, as if empty. Is it a miscarriage? I have not taken any UPT yet. Kindly suggest.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 30th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A27272
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Usually miscarriage is associated with severe abdominal cramps, heavy bleeding and presence of clots and tissues, etc. If there is a missed abortion or silent miscarriage, you might not experience any of the usual symptoms. Few women tend to get period like bleeding (decidual bleeding) during first few months of pregnancy. You should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). You should also consider requesting your gynecologist for getting serial HCG levels tested. Doubling up of the hormone levels in 48-72 hours will show that pregnancy is going on smoothly. If levels are not adequate, then external hormonal supplements should be considered to be started to help with preventing miscarriage/threatened abortion. An ultrasound scan done would also help. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any unusual/new symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Miscarriage and Stillbirth , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.