Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

after major head injury ral bad taste in mouth

My husband had a near fatal fall 9 weeks ago. he sustained a fractured skull, and wrist. a brain haematoma and a C6 fracture of his neck. after all this he has recovered imensley but he now he cannot eat beacause of the disgusting taste he gets whenever he eats or drinks please help us he refuses to back to his doctoe as he has just had his hard neck collar removed he says he has had enough and so have I please help
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper laforge
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2009
Supporter
Is he on medications?? If so, this could be a side-effect from one of the meds. Have you checked into that?
|

replied July 11th, 2009
A head injury can cause a change in taste. He needs to at least let his doctor know about this development.
|

replied August 4th, 2009
I had a skull fracture in 1992. Initially I had a bad taste in my mouth a few days a month. Now it's almost every day all day long. Food tastes awful and I'm not eating as healthy as I used to. I'm looking for answers. I personally believe the bad taste for me occurs from hormonal changes and I'm going to look into this further. I'm sorry I can't give you any more info but I do know how awful this condition is.
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....