Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

after i eat it hurts, and when i get mad or worked up?

User Profile
Hi im sarah, and im 15 years old. For the past couple days ive been having non stop stomach pains. It started when i got kinda anxious and nervous and it was brutal, it lasted the whole night. Sometimes after i eat it hurts, and when i get mad or worked up it starts to hurt too. Even after i drank water it hurts. Are these signs of a stomach ulcer?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2012
Abdominal Pain Answer A30282
Hello and welcome to e health forum. ‎

Most probably all your symptoms might be due to gastritis or gastroesophageal reflux disorder. ‎

The best way to prevent this condition is via dietary and lifestyle changes. ‎

‎1. Eat slowly by chewing the foods properly. This reduces the amount of air ingested while eating & ‎‎‎also facilitates carbohydrate digestion. ‎

‎2. Pay attention to the kind of food you have been eating lately. This would help identify specific foods ‎‎‎that cause symptoms and then cut down its consumption. Avoiding carbonated drinks and alcohol ‎‎‎should be a priority.‎

‎3. In order to control anxiety and stress, an easy option would be to practice yoga and meditation ‎‎‎techniques.‎

You can try the following medications to reduce your ‎symptoms as follows. ‎
‎1. antacids (Tums, mylanta) can be continued to relieve the acidity. ‎
‎2. Omeprazole will help to reduce acid secretions ; ‎
‎3. Probiotics and digestive enzyme supplements will help to improve digestion.‎
‎5. Pepto bismol – to relieve any abdominal discomfort. ‎

If the above measures are not helpful, you might consult with your doctor, for a physical examination, evaluation and proper treatment.

I hope this helps.‎

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.