Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

after he ejaculates my vagina burns and tingles.

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
After My husband and I have sex, and he ejaculates inside me, my vagina burns and tingles. This does not happen when he doesn't ejaculate in me. Also i have a large amount of milky white discharge, so much i wear a pantyliner everyday and change it multiple times a day. this has been happening since i gave birth to my daughter 9 months ago and my check up and my pap smear since then have all been normal. Just recently i have begun to notice a very strong foul smell coming from that area. nothing i have done seems to make anything better. any suggestions to help with the discharge, burning, or smell?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2011
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A25095
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Your symptoms could be suggestive of vaginal infection along with infection in your partner. Do not ignore your symptoms. Go ahead with visiting your doctor/gynecologist for a vaginal swab/smear test to identify the causative agent. If needed, your partner should also have a semen analysis done to confirm/rule out chances of infection. Get started on treatment simultaneously to prevent re-infection. Avoid having intercourse while both of you are on treatment. Drink plenty of water. Avoid tight fitting clothes. Use loose cotton undergarments. Avoid vaginal douching and use of harsh soap/chemicals in the area (including perfumes, sprays, creams etc).
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.