Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

after gallbladder removed/ducts leaked not having pain

Hi, I had my gallbladder removed in July and it didn't go so well. The ducts did not seal and leaked into abdomin and infected & I was in hospital for 2 months. Ihad to have drains inserted into my abdomin to drain the bile. Shortly after that in October I had a cyst removed and a hyterectomy. For the past 3-4 days I havebeen having pain under my right side ribs and radiating into my back; it feels like spasms that I used to get when i had a gallbladder attack. Maybe it's the ducts or my liver....I guess my question is should I be extremely alarmed; could it be another gallbladder 'cause I've heard of that. I have a docs appoint in 1 week but was wondering if there is anything i can do...Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2011
Based upon your symptoms, you could have another bile leak, or a gallstone stuck in your bile ducts (or a stricture/scar of the bile duct).

You should seek help from a GI doctor.

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

Author, "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race"

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.