Medical Questions > Mental Health > Stop Smoking Forum

after effects of smoking

User Profile
HI
I have smoked for a number of years and have now been free from cigs for the past 5 weeks. I wanted to know what beneficial effects will be happening for me at this stage.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 17th, 2009
The first benefit that I can tell you is pretty obvious. You are saving a lot of money!
|

User Profile
replied November 18th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Hi trshk,
You have just increased your longivity for at least another 20+ years. Your chance of getting lung cancer has just been reduced to 50 percent. Your food will taste better. Your love ones will have you around longer. Your insurance premium will go down and you will save money othe ways as well....congratulations on taking back your life, I'm proud of you.

Good Luck

Faded Rose
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2009
I agree with FadedRose....I also used smoke a pack daily till a year and a half ago...i smoked for 3 continuous years...those were the worst time of my life....My hands were always shaking....could'nt sleep properly...constant cough....always smelled worst...needed a cigarette after every half an hour..... but now after all these smoke free years I am enjoying life better...trust me u wont regret ur decision of quitting this habit... that's the best gift u can give to urself and ur loved ones...
|

replied November 21st, 2009
Your lungs are having a sigh of relief and they know how beneficial it is for them but now what you can do the best is share your experience how easy or difficult was it for you to quit smoking and how you did it and how much time did it take. It may motivate others also to quit this habit.

|
Quick Reply