Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Postpartum and Postnatal Forum

after birth my vagina lookes lacerated?

User Profile
after birth the one side if my vagina lookes lacerated? i am freakin out as it also looks like genital warts to me. i did tear quite badly during labour

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A37544
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If the vulval/vaginal/perineal tear during childbirth has not been repaired adequately or if it has not healed well, the normal anatomical appearance may not be present. If you are worried, you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for thorough evaluation to rule out infective causes and to see if the healing has been fine or if you need vulvoplasty/vaginoplasty/Labiaplasty to help you have normal or near normal appearance. Proceed with further management as indicated.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Postpartum and Postnatal , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.