Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

afruitless struggle for my OCD education

User Profile
my name is amardeep 23 belongs from jammu INDIA.it hasbeen 5 years when i have in OBESSESIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER.
FOR 3AND HALF YEARS I AM IN MEDICAL TREATMENT BUT I WASN,T BENN COUNSELLED FOR THIS SO THAT I would come know complete knowlwdge of disorder and relevant verbal tips to get treated for a long. problem,in a nut shell, is because of
1.family issues
2.dyfunctional relatiuonship and conflicts between mother and father
3.so much addiction of alcohol to my father
4.disturbance of my mother
5.emotionally abusive behavoiour of my mother
favouratism of parents towards my siblings
6negative effects of all this at and in future
6 Due to irresponsible and addictive behaviour of my father i have lost all my wishes about my career
7today it has benn 5 years i have been facing afruitless struggle for my education but i can,t won
so please ist of all come to my touch and rest in person

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2014
General Q and A Answer A47765
Hello,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.
Obsessive compulsive disorder is a type of anxiety that produces uneasiness, apprehension, fear or worry and repetitive behaviors aimed at reducing the associated anxiety. From what you have described it looks like you have depression and not OCD because you have not mentioned about any repetitive activity like excessive washing or cleaning, repeated checking, extreme hoarding etc.

I would suggest you to get an examination done from a psychiatrist and get the diagnosis confirmed first. The treatment options for OCD includes cognitive behavior therapy and antipsychotic medications, often in combination with psychological and social supports. Cognitive behavior therapy stresses on concentrating on reality check and explains pointlessness of fantasies and irrational thoughts to the sufferers. This is done by psychiatric sessions with a psychiatrist. Sometimes support groups may also help in the healing process.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mental Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.