User Profile
How about ehealth changing the following. Mind you I not know what it actualy means. I ask this does it mean that a person is not able to give a link to another which would contain helpful information for them to understand their disorder, or which may relate to the side effects of a particular medication.

If and only if, ehealth's policy cuts out any links to say Wikipedia, then ehealth is depriving those who use this site of help that they may need. And this goes doubly for those with Bipolar.

I know all about HONCode principals as have designed two websites one with deals the Bipolar Mixed States the other ADHD and have HONCode for both of them. Naturlly I am not game to write their urls here in this messge.

Giving assistance to another with a link to this assistance informatin is NOT in breach of the HONCode it this is what you are worried about.

"Advertising is defined as "messages that promote, advertise, offer, or ask for contact information in regard to (but not limited to), websites, personal webpages, links to pictures, businesses, freebies, surveys, polls, products or services". In general, we publish links from non-commercial sites that carry known authority. Your post will be edited to remove any reference to external products and/or services. Please refer to the website`s advertising policy for further clarification about advertising. "

Please as moderators of this forum would you firstly:

1. Is it against ehealth's policy not to allow links giving information say wikipedia?

2. Just what does the policy dealing with advertising actually mean?

JennyRobin
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 5th, 2009
Advanced Support Team
Dear Jenny,

Thanks for your message! We publish website links from known medical authorities like the National Institutes of Health, the Mayo Clinic, or university health sites...it's just that we're really wary of unknown sites with advertising.

Wiki's are OK, but are often created by user-submitted encyclopedias of information, with no medical evaluation process. I suggest, therefore that the links that you posts come know known and established medical institutions. doctor

- Government sites
- University sites
- Hospital sites

Please let me know if this is unclear. I'm a real person and I respond to every message I get. Have a great day and happy posting!

Best,
Lee @ Admin

User Profile
replied February 5th, 2009
Experienced User
Thankyou Lee
Thankyou Lee for your response appreciated.

I agree with you in regard to Wikipedia not necessarally correct.

I gather now that it boils down to this site wishing to be a fully evidenced based system.

I most certainly do not have a problem with this at all. It gives a certain reliabilty in regard to information for the users of eHealth.

I did not understand that this was the case until now.

Regards

JennyRobin
|

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2009
Advanced Support Team
Thanks again for your feedback, JennyRobin. We are trying to provide the best health information possible to people...and will continue to improve our system as we go along. Any feedback that you'd like to share is welcome.