A few times a year I get this feeling that wakes me up an hour after falling sleep.
I suddenly wake up with the feeling of impending doom, scared that I am going to die because my heart is beating super fast, and I have to get up but I am scared that I will trigger the full heart attack if I attempt to do any effort.
Normally happens in periods when I had a lots of stress and lack of sleep, it accumulates and as a result I get one of those attacks. I am wondering if they are adrenaline rushes. When I go to the cardiologist after running tests his only suggestion is to go on beta blockers which they don't cure the condition only masks it, so I rather do without them. Rolling Eyes
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2014
Thank you for asking!
These are classic presentation of anxiety and panic attacks. Stop worrying and get some help. A psychiatric evaluation would be a good start followed by some psychotherapies and compliance with anxiety meds. Get yourself to a good psychiatrist and let them help you. i advise a prophylactic sleep disorders assessment too in case if there is any trigger from that aspect.
Take care
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.