This i kinda want to be an open forum for girls who gave their child/ren up for adoption, or girls who want more information or are considering adoption.

My story is that i had twin girls who were rape babies. i had them in January when i was 14, and now i am 15 and i know what i did was best for my girls. it is a very open adoption, and i get to see them practically every day cause they live down the street!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2011
Experienced User
Okay, not trying to be an a-hole, but never, under any circumstances, say you "gave them up"- i take offense to people who say that, and to me. I also placed my son with a family and it really hurts my feelings when someone blurts out, "oh you gave him up!??".

My story is my baby's father walked out on me when I was 7 months along an started threatening physical harm to me AND his son's life with the help of his "amazing" new(previous ex- so, not so new)gf. I did it for my son's safety and a chance at a good life without my baby boy having to deal with a dead beat dad who couldn't wipe his own ass and was more concerned about being on welfare than getting an actual job.. I know what I did was the best for my little angel, and I don't regret it. Yes, I want to cry, yes, I feel horrible about myself too, but at the end of the day- he's in great hands with a family that loves him more than their own lives Smile

You're lucky that you're able to see your little girls often, I only see my son twice a year :/ you're a strong woman for making such a huge decision at such a young age. keep your chin up Smile
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2012
Anonymoose: Thank you so much for sharing that! I am an adoptee, closed adoption, will probably never get to know my bio mom due to circumstances I absolutely cannot control (I know where to get the info and how to start the search but there is a FAR deeper reason why I won't do it that has to do with the adoptive parents I no longer talk to) in any case, I love hearing birth mother stories and how they feel about the child they had to make a hard decision for! I have always said "Give up" BUT knowing how it hurts you I am going to try to change those words. Is there another term you prefer?

~Monica
|

replied September 17th, 2012
You are such a inspiration for others. Because of lust, men sometimes do wrong things. They didn't bother the circumstances of their mistakes. Just because they raped, our society abuse to accept them. You did a great thing and set a example for others.
|