User Profile
i don't really know what my question is i'm just looking for some advice i guess about what my next step should be. i'm pretty sure i have bipolar disorder. in fact i was diagnosed with it a few years ago with anxiety/ocd but i guess in my mind if i don't admit it it's not real, and i have a hard time admitting it but i think it's time. i have been doing really bad lately, not to the point of being suicidal or anything but i'm pretty much driving myself crazy. i don't do anything, i have no motivation. it's like i'm slightly depressed at all times and then falling into either mania or depression at different times too. it's like black/white with me even during the same day sometimes, i just want to get out of my funk. i would even take the mania all the time if it didn't wind up driving me crazy. i'm so anxious i barely leave my house anymore. i just need help knowing what type of doctor i should see and what i should say, i'm so embarrassed admitting i have a problem. :(

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2009
Bipolar Disorder Answer A8225
Hello.

I'm sorry to hear about what you are going through right now. It appears that you are currently experiencing symptoms of depression. Since I cannot diagnose you here, I would suggest you to visit a Psychiatrist as soon as you can. You might need some medicines initially and psychotherapy later.

The loss of motivation, feeling depressed, not leaving your house are all symptoms of depression. Do not be embarrassed to accept that you have this problem. You will have to talk to the psychiatrist about it. And you may have to interact with some of your friends or loved ones. They are the people who can help you better if you communicate to them without feeling embarrassed about your problems. Being depressed or having a diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder or Anxiety does not make you a lesser person. Your worth as a human being does not depend upon these diagnoses.

I would suggest you maintain a daily diary of events to note down your emotions and feeling as they surface. That way, you will have a record of what your feelings are over a period of time. This might also give some insights into the problem.

Regards

This post is for the purpose of providing medical information and is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a doctor. This post is neither intended to give or rule out a diagnosis, nor to create a doctor-patient relationship.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bipolar Disorder , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.