Medical Questions > Nutrition > Atkins Diet Forum

Adkins Diet and Thyroid problems

Does the diet work if you have thyroid problems? I am both on Eltroxin and Tertiary because the TSH T3 and T4 are not functioning as it should. Also, what is the impact of a high insulin count? Say 30+? Will this affect the effectiveness of the diet / eating plan?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 22nd, 2009
Experienced User
i hear that the adkins diet is ok. it is probably not friendly to creative people as they will want to follow something less structurable. and i think that if you want to follow something follow something natural or your heart because this will lead you. but really, to be real, eat well.
|

replied March 4th, 2010
Atkins is one of the most effective for people with thyroid problems, and also pre-diabetes. Don't go to their website, they just want to sell products there. Buy the book at a used paperback store, and read it!
|
Must Read
Learn what the thyroid does, and the characteristics of thyroid disease here. In this intro section, we'll also review types of thyroid disorders MDs diagnose....
Specific medical conditions can trigger thyroid disease. Learn the basics about causes and risk factors for thyroid problems here....
Learn the symptoms for various thyroid problems...plus know when to seek medical help! A complete list of thyroid symptoms here....