Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

ADHD medicine; lost most effectiveness

Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...
User Profile
How can I improve the effectiveness of my ADHD medicine if I cannot tolerate taking a break from the medicine? I am not one that likes taking a prolonged break off to get the benefit back because of my ADHD symptoms returning and also I am very busy so doing so would most likely take a toll on my productivity? I am getting 4 hours of benefit from something I used to get 9 hours from, so I don't know what more I can do since this is a big loss of time for efficacy from the medicine! Are there therapies or herbal things as to which I could take (they would have to be cheaper) that I could use to try to counter this tolerance so I could get at least some added benefit until I can take a longer break? I really need to get things done and with ADHD it is so hard! I am not at all trying to abuse these medicines in any way or chase a euphoira, I just want my focus back so I can get done what I need to since my grades and future count on it. Please try to help if you know of anything and suggestions are always appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 31st, 2017
Also, I've been on the stimulant medicines (2 of them) for 11 months now.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply