User Profile
I am a 23 year old female. I graduated from college in May 2017 and have been looking for a job ever since, but have been unsuccessful in committing to one. A few months back (October 2017) I started seeing a psychiatrist. I originally went to them due to anger issues I've been struggling with since very early on in my adolesence. I have been diagnosed with inattentive adhd,anxiety,and depression.I have also had excessive weight gain in the past year ( weighing close to 200 pounds )and I have developed a moderately extreme fear of people being behind me.If I am in public and people are walking behind me, it has gotten as bad to the point where I run away, or I step aside and let people pass until no one is behind me again.In middle school,I was bullied until the point of where I had a note put on my back.How can I fix this? My adhd and phobia is CONSUMING MY LIFE.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2018
Mental Conditions Answer A63310
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

You are understandably going through a bad phase. However, all of that can be managed with good medical care. For psychological issues, ADHD and phobias, it is best to see a psychiatrist and a counselor on a regular basis. You can join support groups of people suffering from similar problems. Their success stories, tips and empathy towards your problems helps make life easy and provides valuable solutions.

Another issue is weight. Obesity does lower one’s self esteem. Often there is a medical cause behind it like polycystic ovary, diabetes, anemia, hypothyroidism etc. Treating the cause lowers weight considerably. Another important aspect is exercise. Exercising releases feel good hormones and this helps in lowering body weight by burning calories and also helps treat many psychological issues. Find a hobby that will relax you. Again this is very therapeutic. So, please go back to your psychiatrist and join a counselor and a support group.

Please consult your healthcare provider for further guidance. This reply to your query is just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit and treatment by a doctor who can examine you. Hope this helped you in making an informed decision about your health. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mental Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.