Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Adenomatos polyp with focal malignant change

Hello everyone,

we got the result of dad's HISTOPATHOLOGY REPORT. Doctors are saying its a cancer. I am not good in medical activities. I am very shocked when i heard cancer. Could anyone please suggest me what type of cancer it is ? and can it be recover it fully ? what precautions should i continue.

Here are the exact report copy,

HISTOPATHOLOGY REPORT
--------------------------------
Clnical history : Colonic polyp

Specimen : Endoscopic biopsy

Gross Examination : Single globular piece of tissue 0.8 cm.

Microscopic examination :
Sections reveal adenomatous colonic polyp showing surface ulceration. Underlying subepithelium showing cystically dilated & tortuous glands amongst severely inflamed oedematos stroma. Few of the glands show cytological features of malignancy, however basement membrane invasion is not noted in the section studied.

IMPRESSION : Adenomatos polyp with focal malignant change.

Thanks,
Nilesh
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Welcome to EHEALTHforum!
Colon polyps are fleshy growths that occur on the inside (the lining) of the large intestine (the colon). They are extremely common, and their incidence increases as individuals get older.
75% of all colon polyps are adenomatous polyps (polyps that become cancerous are called adenomatous polyps or adenomas).
The cancer cell haven't crossed the basement membrane, so, it means the cancer hasn't spread.
Polyp excision (this depends of the type, size and number of polyps) will result in cancer free condition. People with a adenomatous polyp have double risk of colon cancer.

Was colonoscopy done for screening purpose or you father was experiencing some symptoms?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....