Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Adding another depression medication ?

User Profile
After 8 years of very bad and chronic depression, I am happy to say I am finally seeing some improvement in my symptoms. It took a lot of trial and error with medicines and I found a combo of medicines I like with the help of many psychiatrists over the course of 8 years.

It wasn't until I tried Pristiq and Buspar with diet adjustments and help for my sleep apnea that I finally was able to lose some weight, improve my mood, and feel like my old self again.

I am worried because my doctor suggested I could try Fetzima, but I think if things are going well for me I should probably just stay put. I am doing really well, though, and I don't want to change anything if things don't need it.

I just am happy to share the positive and uplifting news. I've been in several hospitals for mental health and been through over 40 medications and it is unreal to think just two medicines together has me feeling so well (even for 3 weeks now)!

I'm actually smiling+laughing again and hopeful.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2019
Depression Answer A65028
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
You are on right track. Continue your good work and medications. Mind relaxation excercises like yoga and meditation are also helpful.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.