my husband was on antidepressants , he stopped it and now wants to go back to it.he is so confused about his feeelings every time he change his feelings about me and constantly ask for a divorce and then change his mind he says its because of his depression and addictions to drugs gambling he has an addictive personality
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2009
Supporter
has had ever gone and spoken to a psychologist? If he's depressed then maybe he should stay on his meds. He also does know not to just abruptly stop taking meds doesn't he. Doing that with anti depressents can really mess you up. if he starts a pack. he needs to finish it. My doc just yelled at me for taking one cos i had anxiety.
|

replied March 19th, 2009
hi
he says it blocks his feelings that the reason he stopped and he is in rehab for his addictions
and he has been seeing a psycologist.He has been on antidepressants about a year now.
|

replied March 20th, 2009
psycologist is best
Better having consult with psycologist he will help him to come out from it

|

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2009
Supporter
I found anti depressents do block your feelings. personally I think thats the whole problem with them. You actually need to deal with the issues that are causing the depression to break out of the prison (depression). (thats in my case though as I had mild depression).
Is he in rehab for other addictions (drugs).
If so going on anti depressents for a little while is good in order to get past those other addictions and anxieties caused by withdrawel. but a yr is probably long enough.
It's good that he's in rehab. he will probably talk with a therapist or councellor there.
|
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....