Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

Adderall XR 60 mg Daily

I am taking 60 mg of Adderall XR daily in 2 capsules 30 mg each. I am still experiencing ADHD and psychiatrist is unwilling to go any higher with the dose for obvious reasons of concern with sleep, hypertension, irritability, anxiety, etc.

I am wondering if it would be helpful to stop taking Adderall XR in capsule form and try tablets, but mix the tablets with a different medicine like Straterra or Wellbutrin? I don't know if that is even safe or allowed by doctors/insurances to do.

I tried resistance exercise a few times and both of them helped my ability to achieve focus. However, this boost in concentration was short-lived.

The only other thing I can think of is to try CBD Oil, but it is too expensive and it requires that I order it to get it where I live. I am getting frustrated in that I feel trapped by my ADHD and am unable to do anything more to achieve relief.

Oftentimes I will meditate and practice yoga. Those help a bit with my anxiety, stress, and energy. I am still wanting to get more focus out of my waking hours, though.

It is difficult to address as I have felt trapped with my disorder for a very long time and am not responding well to medication at this point after such time of using the Adderall XR capsules.

Often I will see a psychotherapist and recently I've stopped seeing him since he didn't know much about ADHD or how to properly assess treating it/managing it. I hope to find someone who knows more about it that can further assist me in my journey.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...