User Profile
So I'm a college student and it's time for finals. I took 30mg of addorall from a friend, thinking it wouldn't be a big deal because 30mg really isn't that much. I smoked a little weed afterwards and got the worst hallucinations. This was on Tuesday at about 5 oclock. Right now it's Thursday morning and I'm still feeling extremely anxious, and like my heart is racing. On my left hand my smallest finger and the one beside of it occasionally go numb but the feeling returns fairly quickly. I feel like I'm having a constant panic attack. I've been eating and drinking plenty of water to help cleanse my system, but I honestly feel like I'm going crazy. I know most of it might be in my mind, but I've heard horror stories about people dying from this drug. For my own emotional benefit I just need to know if I'm okay. I'm not use to after effects for anything lasting a day and a half past the time of use. Have I done permenant damage or am I just freaking myself out?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper justwondering36
|

User Profile
replied May 6th, 2008
Addiction, Recovery Answer A4054
You probably won’t have permanent brain damage if you took 30mg Adderal only once. But you have to promise yourself that you will never abuse Adderal again because you may become addicted. Addiction to Adderal can cause psychotic disorders similar to schizophrenia.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Addiction, Recovery , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.