Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

ADD's Relationship w/ Exercise

Hi, first post here.

I've recently been diagnosed ADD by my psychiatrist. Prior to this, I've been unable to exercise for years, because afterwards I feel tense and anxious all day, experience insomnia that night, and sweat during the brief sleep I get that evening.

I asked my general Doctor recently if she had any idea why this may be occurring. She asked "have you ever been diagnosed ADD?" She attributes it to the excess adrenaline people with ADD have.

Has anyone experienced this, and are there ways around it? I really need to begin exercising again.

I'm grateful for any and all replies. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 26th, 2016
Bump
|

replied January 26th, 2016
Active User, very eHealthy
I cannot really tell, ust that exercise even if mild, might be of help to you. Even i need to catch up on that. How about walking? Many choose that as it is not so demanding on time and energy, or tai chi perhaps.
|

replied January 29th, 2017
Experienced User
Muscle heat can cause you to sweat.
|
Tags: Exercise
Quick Reply
Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...