Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

ADD / Depression and increasing anger ?

I do not know how to handle this situation. I love my husband and we were happy, but now..things are not always so great. He was diagnosed with ADD/Depression and is on 2 anti-depressants and adderall XR. He has been on the drugs for a lil over a year now with switching more than once in regards to anti-depressants. The problems started roughly a month or two after the prescriptions started, but back then it was not as bad. At this point, he is distant, shows no affection, no love, he does not touch me unless I initiate it and even then sometimes he does not do anything other than sit their. The only emotion I see with him now is anger, frustration, irritation. When he raises his voice it is to the point of intimidation and a tone that shows nothing more than anger and no concern what so ever for how he is making his family feel. He only seems to care about a video game of his now, he was always a gamer, but he still showed love for his family etc. He only says i love you when I say it first, he says nothing but negative things to me and makes it seem like im not good enough anymore. Should I talk to his doctor because I do not think he realizes the addiction my husband has and how he has changed, I want to talk tomy husband openly about this but I am scared of his reaction, should I try to bring this up? What do I even say? I am 99% sure he will disagree with everything and spin it to somehow be all my fault and tell me I know where the door is if he's that bad. He was not like this prior to the drugs, he was distant to everyone else and not exactly mr.sensitive, but he was a good husband/father and we were not fighting, i was not scared to talk to him about problems, we were good. How do I handle this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 27th, 2010
Re: How to handle ADD/Depression and increasing anger?
Health is now major concern and when health is recovered, all other problems will be solved instantly. It now important to be patient and wise to give good care in terms of health.

wifeandmother77 wrote:
I do not know how to handle this situation. I love my husband and we were happy, but now..things are not always so great. He was diagnosed with ADD/Depression and is on 2 anti-depressants and adderall XR. He has been on the drugs for a lil over a year now with switching more than once in regards to anti-depressants. The problems started roughly a month or two after the prescriptions started, but back then it was not as bad. At this point, he is distant, shows no affection, no love, he does not touch me unless I initiate it and even then sometimes he does not do anything other than sit their. The only emotion I see with him now is anger, frustration, irritation. When he raises his voice it is to the point of intimidation and a tone that shows nothing more than anger and no concern what so ever for how he is making his family feel. He only seems to care about a video game of his now, he was always a gamer, but he still showed love for his family etc. He only says i love you when I say it first, he says nothing but negative things to me and makes it seem like im not good enough anymore. Should I talk to his doctor because I do not think he realizes the addiction my husband has and how he has changed, I want to talk tomy husband openly about this but I am scared of his reaction, should I try to bring this up? What do I even say? I am 99% sure he will disagree with everything and spin it to somehow be all my fault and tell me I know where the door is if he's that bad. He was not like this prior to the drugs, he was distant to everyone else and not exactly mr.sensitive, but he was a good husband/father and we were not fighting, i was not scared to talk to him about problems, we were good. How do I handle this?
|

replied August 24th, 2010
Okay This Time I Need Help I Have Really Short Tempers Sometimes And I Dont know how to control it! I dont know why but it seems like evrytime someone does the littlest thing I get mad and start yelling at everyone and thenwhen i yell for a little bit i dont want to hurt the other person i just want to hurt myself i dont know why this is happening to me but I hate treating people this way! I feel like a horrable person please give me advice.
|

User Profile
replied October 8th, 2010
A.D.H.D and feeling depressed.
I'm an 18 year old girl with A.D.H.D. I take atomoxetine and have been for 5 years. When I was put on the meds, I was feeling very depressed and suicidal. When ever I tried to tell my family that I felt like something was wrong with me, they just told me that I was growing up. I felt like that for 3 1/2 years.

But now,I don't know why, but I'm feeling very,very depressed again,suicidal and very upset.

What could be wrong with me?
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....