I desperately need help- Im losing all interest in life.....
I freak out at nothing, have a short attention span/lose interest in things in a matter of minutes, cant hold a job, i think 24/7- my mind does not stop, small things tick me off............ Also, i have to do alot of things 3 times eg: taking sips when drinking, closing doors, turning on light switches, generally touching things, putting on shoes and taking them off etc...... This is just touching the surface..
I went to an employment agency intern psychologist the other day and through an hour and a half session, she strongly believes that i am suffering both ADD and OCD.
She told me to go to my GP and see what he thinks as well..
Can he prescribe anything himself because i know i desperately need help and fast but physically cant afford a psychiatrist..
What do i do.......
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 23rd, 2008
Experienced User
He can prescribe you stuff,

I am studying this alot now and im gonna go for the anti-drug thing and say living a very active life style is the key

There are different medications that i know of that your GP can give u like Ritilan & Dexamphetamene (Both of which i was on when i had ADD or ADHD) They could never figure out which one i had

I storngly believe now ADHD and ADD may not even be a disorder or a Genetic diesease, More of a ill discipline / neglective family lifestyle, i know from my own diagnosis that i was never given alot of attention at home, ADD (Attention "Deficiet" Disorder would suggest that u are Defcient of Attention would that not be the case? and why would u Grow out of it in your later teenage years when u get a job and become more active with people.. Im sorry but i really don't think that ADD is a real term i think its more of a label.

You can ask your GP about medication and u may find that it helps. As for OCD i dont know enough about it to comment Smile

P.S I'd try and get more active (exercise wise) try and get a well balanced diet (Eg. not much sugar or saturated fats) before trying the drugs Smile

If you wanna talk more please dont hesitate to pm me Smile
|

replied March 25th, 2008
I knew some people who also suffer from ADD. They benefit from OPC-3-- a natural strong antioxidant. Maybe you can give it a try.
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2008
Community Volunteer
okay now
please...enough with the saying that ADHD/ADD/OCD yada yada yada is a discipline/negative family lifestyle yada yada yada problem and not an actual MEDICAL problem. Come over to my house, spend a day with my son while he is off his Adderol, watch him break into that lockbox, the one you have trouble opening, pull out a knife (yeah I have to lock my knives up...out of reach from a SIX year old), watch him hit the dog for no reason (we don't hit or spank in this family), watch him scream uncontrollably because he can't get the keyboard on the compute to work to finish his computing homework...then come back and see him on the Adderol. For those of you who say that Adderol/Ritalin and the likes are nothing but amphetamines, you are pharmacutecally(sp?) correct; however a child with ADHD will not respond in the way that a normal, chemically balanced human being would, i.e., get high. Please keep this forum supportive and quit bashing those of us who have kids or personally have ADHD.
|
Users who thank motherofhighspiritedones for this post: matukane 

replied May 30th, 2008
You dont know
I have had ADHD/ODD/LD and many more problems my whole life, Stop trying to understand how we feel, stop trying to think you know what you are talking about because you dont. I am an adult now, I have lived with this, and i need to live with this the rest of my life. Some of you need to grow up, becuase really you dont know until you have lived in or shoes.
|

replied January 28th, 2009
me too
I have both too and it is ruining my entire life. I can't hold a job and I also get dumped OFTEN which is why I am now a functioning alcoholic. I can't take any meds because I am allergic. Anyway, if you need someone to talk to, write me.
|

replied February 5th, 2012
Hi All,
ADHD/ADD/OCD are not any disorders are they are people who are not busy with outtside world,they have own soul,passion in doing things,get day dreams and this is different from what the world asks,like concentrate and acquire knowledge and stuff like that,One having this need s to do what he likes to do,actually he has become ADDHD/ADD/OCD because he is trying to follow what the world expects from him and he is failing,so one needs to what they like and what they love.

i have OCD,i am from Bangalore.

regards,
Sandeep.D.M
|

replied February 15th, 2010
ocd and adh sufferer
u better turn to god almighty he is the best helper
|

replied August 8th, 2010
Two of my friends hav OCD. One heard voices in her head. The other was quite awful to her parents apparently. She also washed her hands alot. My first friend had it when she was quite young and she had medicine to help her. My second friend has to take pills everyday but she gets on with her family great she's a lovely person and she's one of the smartest people I've ever met. We gave her moisturizer and now she doesn't wash her hands umpteen times and her skin's not dry. I also know someone with ADHD but you would never think it. I'd strongly urge u to see ur gp. None of my friends saw a pysciatrist. I hope ur Gp can help. I'm sure ur gp will be able to. Best of luck and I hope this helps
|

replied January 16th, 2012
OCD and ADD
Don't try to analyze this on your own.....I see a lot of misinformation and misdiagnoses on this forum. I have both ADD and OCD and have talked to my Doctor, psychiatrist and done a lot of research on this subject. It is also common to have depression along with ADD and OCD. Work with a doctor or psychiatrist who is well versed on both especially one who is an expert at treating ADD. SSRI medications are the most commonly prescribed for OCD and depression. It can take a while to figure out which works best and even a good psychiatrist may have to "experiment" with the best remedy. It may take a while but there is relief available. Often, if it is affordable, a therapists who practices cognitive therapy can also be helpful.
|

replied October 19th, 2012
ADD
Please do not listen to the idiot that responded that ADD is a lifestyle choice, it is not. I would never, EVER, choose this for myself.

With that said, I have OCD and ADD, and I am highly functional. I am currently working on my masters, and I have done well in my studies. While I have probably had to work twice as much as normal people, I am still able to achieve the things that I want. It was just a matter of getting the help I needed, and getting on the right medication. No one chooses to have mental illness, but it is also not impossible to overcome. Things can, and will, get better.
|

replied October 20th, 2012
Boob or Arm Challenge, are you a Champ or a Chump? Find out by downloading the app for free here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details ?id=com.appscore.booborarm
|

replied October 23rd, 2012
I posted this in another forum and I will post it here too. you should look up auto immune disease and dysautonomia - pretty much what we are suffering is from autonomic nervous system imbalanced. Where you can get like 20 symptoms and a lot is from stress because our bodies can't do the fight or flight so it has to compensate for other things. 25-30% of our blood is now obeying the laws of gravity and pooling in our legs so not enough blood is going to our heart, lungs, brain, which causes the cold hands and feet, not enough blood to the heart therefore we get tachycardia, lungs - shortness of breath at times like for example i am sure many of you thought you had asthma like me for sports induced or heat related but really its not. The heat can be a big issues like when it's humid outside you may have difficulty breathing or in a hot shower or sauna and many pass out so be careful. Some people may experience memory, focus, or concentration thats due to not enough blood to the brain and also orthostatic intolerance. Don't ever try to jump out of bed if you cell rings because you can get dizzy or light headed and pass out. That's too start you off if you have any questions you can email me and I will just end on one last point that girls usually develop it in puberty like growth spurt, or bad period like excessive bleeding and might even miss a period or two doesn't mean your pregnant, and last phase is pregnancy. You can also get it from a virus like mono or even some strong medicines, or drugs. I believe most guys are born with it so it comes gradually and they handle it even though they don't know they have it. The fatigue is due to using 3x more energy to do everything as opposed to someone who doesn't have it. Main tips stay hydrated with tons of water and powerade/gatorade, stay positive I know its hard but now you have
answers and try to find a way to relax when your stressed, and the last one is just as important is exercise as hard as it might be because your so fatigue but you will feel better start slow the recumbent bike is good because doing exercise horizontal as opposed to vertical like treadmill keeps your heart rate down.
|
Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...