Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

AD - detrimental consequences of ADHD medicine substance abu

Hello everyone, I am currently developing a story about addictions to CNS medicines. This includes drugs such as: adderall, concerta, and ritalin. I want to inform the public and thus potential users about the negative effects resulting from abusing these substances. If any doctors,users (also nonprescribed), or recovering addicts would share their story, please write me. Ultymateli, I intend to create awareness about the detrimental consequences of ADHD medicine substance abuse. In recognizing this is an extremely sensitive topic, I would like to thank you in advance for any feedback.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 25th, 2010
I took XR and the generic regular tablets. I was addicted for 4 years. It ruined my life for 4 years. Of course it helped with school for a few short hours and it helped me loose weight, but I was no longer able to connect with people. I felt better that everyone else, stuck in my own mind. I went off Adderall cold-turkey on June 16, 2009. I have never looked back. I would be really happy to talk to you about it if you need help and support. I am trying to find a way to start my own forum to help others as well.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....