16 days ago I received unprotected oral sex from a sex worker. Afterwards my penis was a little raw and red as she had been a bit rough. I did not notice any blood from either her or me or any cuts or the like on or in her mough ....having said that I did not do an oral hygiene test one her !! My understanding was though that there was no risk of HIV transmission ...although I am not sure now having read about "theoretical risk" etc. Anyway 11 days after the encounter I got a sore throat. That passed after a day. Then I got a congested nose, runny eyes and a soreness on my right side of neck near my jaw and up to my right ear. Even my ear felt a little sore. Today I still have runny eyes and nose ...soreness just under my right ear...a very mild headache behind eyes....but have never really had a fever. Just 36.9 or 37 degrees all the time. Some night sweats tho but I do get those sometimes ....And both my ears are a little sore...I know that it is not possible to diagnose HIV from symptoms BUT obviously I am concerned and will get test later ....I just want to know whether these symptoms sound like typical ARS or not ...Are your lymph nodes in your neck near your jaw ???Any help appreciated....Help...I should also add that today..the whole thing seems to have moved to my chest and there is plenty of coughing and mucus and I seem to be losing my voice !!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
I had protected sex with a prostitute and within 2 days I developed flu. Could that be acute HIV syndrome or is it likely to be a bit too quick? I recovered within 5 days.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....