User Profile
I am a 36 years old from India who recently was detected to have acute coronary syndrome with troponin T up to 0.98 ng and underwent PTCA and drug eluting stent placement to the left circumflex artery which was found to have 100% stenosis in the angiogram(single vessel disease in the LCx). Now that after 35 days the PTCA, I am highly worried about getting a second heart attack, or myocardial infarction, or even sudden death. My doctor said there is nothing to worry since I have adequate LV function, but I want to know whether it will be possible for me to live without the fear of having a second heart attack at least for the next few years?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 10th, 2010
Heart Disease and Heart Attack Answer A10559
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. It seems you have developed an unnecessary anxiety about the same. Since, the vessel which was blocked has been taken care of, you should not worry at all. The anxiety/stress which you are having is not good for your heart. As the other coronary vessels are fully patent, you should not worry. I

t’s very important to adopt a healthy lifestyle. This will help you in ensuring that your blood pressure and the lipids are kept in check which are the major culprits in causing the heart problem. Keeping the blood sugar control is equally important. Please ensure that you do at least 45 min of brisk walking daily. You can discuss your anxiety with your treating doctor and some anti-anxiety medicines should definitely help you. I sincerely hope this information helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.