Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

acquired mental disability, leg pain and facial muscle tension

For the last 9 years i have these symptoms.

I am almost mentally disabled. Within every aspect of my life there has been a regression. I am slow in thinking, judgement and cannot think deep enough. I think very primitive and lose my ability to think abstract. I have trouble in perceiving enviroment, not satisfied with what i am seeing and not satisfied with level of 3d depth. It feels like there is some kind of another medium between me and environment. I am emotionally weak or negative all the time. I have trouble in speaking or expressing myself. My reflexes are slow, physical condition and will is low.

There is a constant ache in my left leg while sitting. There is no specific location of ache but the pain site is the contact area to the chair and it is gone when standing up. It gets extremely intense at times and that moment i give up on sitting. There is a chronic muscle tension on my face on the cheek and it gets extremely intense, painful and raise my lips from time to time. The leg pain and facial pain are somehow related to each other and when one of both gets intense the other one is partially relieves and vice versa.

All my symptoms started instantly 9 years ago during a sexual encounter. I am certain of all the symptoms i described are related to each other and it is a neurological issue. I been to dozen of neurologists, physciatrists, used some antidepressants and painkillers with no effect, 2 brain mris, leg mris and nothing is explanied. I cannot live a normal life, work, socialize etc. and still depend on my parents in my 30s. any advice on what to do next?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These symptoms are consistent with depressive illness with somatic symptoms. You need to take optimal dose of antidepressant to have maximum effect.
I would suggest you to have regular exercise,yoga and meditation to settle the issue.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Neurological Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.