Do they heal or fade eventually? I've had some for years and wondered if they will ever fade?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 20th, 2012
Please consult a qualified dermatologist. He will help you to choose most suited scar removal treatment for yourself like Microdermabrasion, Chemical peels, Collagen injections, Laser Scar Removal
|

replied February 21st, 2012
I've seen a dermatologist before and nothing came from it.
|

replied March 19th, 2012
Scars does fade with good care and a good scar cream !!!!
My boyfriend suffered an accident 3 months back, it was severe. Though he had recovered fast, the wound scars were very much there. We tried a lot of alternative scar creams, doctor visits and even scar therapy but the effect was minimal. We tried the Invicible Scars cream and I should say the results are really so good. I did refer this scar treatment cream to some of my friends for their acne scars,the feedback was really good.It does take time to fade but nevertheless it worked for us.Best of luck !!!
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2012
A good remedy to do at home is to squeeze lemon juice onto a cotton ball and sprinkle a lil sugar and just rub gently around the area or whole face and then wash you face normally.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied May 7th, 2012
Acne is a problem which can last for a long time and if not treated properly, it can turn into acne scar. So it is better to treat acne before it turns into scars. If you are suffering from acne scars then you can use neem oil, it is very effective.

replied May 7th, 2012
… Please help me ... I'm in dire need of someone who could recommend me any effective product which could make these dark spots from my face and and from other somatic regions of my body disappear and which is relatively affordable . I don't know why but this happens to me that whenever a mosquito or anything bites me , it leaves permanent dark spots on my body though in normal situations these are temporary and disappears within a few days. These spots look so bad . I've my wedding in the next few months and i really want to get rid of them. I've gotten some suggestions from different websites , Is any of them worth buying ? Or if you have any more suggestions then please you're welcome .
|

replied May 7th, 2012
… Please help me ... I'm in dire need of someone who could recommend me any effective product which could make these dark spots from my face and and from other somatic regions of my body disappear and which is relatively affordable . I don't know why but this happens to me that whenever a mosquito or anything bites me , it leaves permanent dark spots on my body though in normal situations these are temporary and disappears within a few days. These spots look so bad . I've my wedding in the next few months and i really want to get rid of them. I've gotten some suggestions from different websites ,InviCible Scars Advanced Scar Treatment | For Scars & Dark Spots and murad/daily-vitamin-c-treatment.jsp Is any of them worth buying ? Or if you have any more suggestions then please you're welcome .
|

replied May 10th, 2012
Experienced User
Acne scars can be more of a problem than acne because it takes a long time for them to go away. In fact, some of them stay forever on your skin. It's best to see a doctor if your face has too many acne scars. If the scars aren't big or deep however, consider treating the scars in your home using natural treatments.
|

replied July 13th, 2012
I went for invicible scars when i had acne scarring and the results were amazing.It took 3 weeks to flatten them. Try it if you like .It's just that it would not be available at nearby stores and is only available online
|

replied July 17th, 2012
I used to get real bad acne and was left with red scars all over my face. This book i bought was the most heplful thing ever, swear down my skin has never looked so good Smile
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2012
At the meanwhile, don't forget to use only the gentle facial cleanser and don't use scrub as it makes them worse.
|

replied March 13th, 2014
2 years later and they have faded. There is hope for everyone!
|

replied December 31st, 2014
If your skin is very sensitive, diliute lemon juice by mixing some rose water and then apply on your scars.Honey, along with acne, is also capable of treating acne scars.
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
They don't fade away spontaneously.
Laser therapy is the best and ultimate option to combat this problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.