Ma doc recommended me chemical peel fr ma acne as its getn worse dy by dy n I ve tried evrythn bt nothn workd..i m really scared abt chemical peeling..wt if it has no effect on me or cn It worsen ma skin forevr?? Will it reallyw work n cure ma acne?? Wt R d chances dt d acne WL return aftr d chemical peeling??..i.m really worried pls help.me gt ans to ma ques...pls reply asap
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 3rd, 2013
Experienced User
Well, there shouldn't be any complications since it is only a light chemical peeling. These usually work for severe cases of acne. However, if you want a more detailed account of how it works and the efficacy talk to your local dermatologist. Which is the person who will probably doing the chemical peel.

Also, keep in mind that you might benefit from diet changes and more routinely washing your face as acne can always reoccur. However, if that happens another chemical peel would be able to solve that.

Once again talk to your local dermatologist.

Best of luck.
|

replied October 14th, 2013
Is der ne treatment wch ll remove ma acne permanently
|

replied October 14th, 2013
Experienced User
Well time is the only permanent solution as the fact is during puberty the sebaceous glands increase their production of oil. That oil then plugs skin follicles which ultimately results in acne. However, over time the sebaceous glands should reduce their oil production. But, this doesn't help you. Ultimately, it is diet change like removing simple carbs (pretty much all junk food) and majority of omega 6 foods such as fatty meats will help. That being said a chemical peel can create a 'reset point' so your not fighting an upward battle so to speak.
|

replied October 15th, 2013
I have no idea about chemical peel. Ask your doctor side effects of chemical peel.
|

replied January 16th, 2014
Re: acne is making ma life a hell..
I have been suffering from zits since 4 years. Things really improved when one of my peers at workplace told me about Skinelle cream and ACNEE 200 formula. These homeopathic medicines have helped me to do away with these small painful bumps. It’s wonderful today when someone close to me comments on my clean skin. I feel relieved now on having overcomed my past to a greater extent with spots covered all over my hands and face. Razz
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Chemical peeling and laser therapy are used as last resorts in refractory acnes. You should go for it as you have no other options left.
In experienced hands the chances of recurrence and complications are minimum.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.